Jag har inte så bra koll på citat, när jag läser en bok så kan jag lägga märke till vackra ord och meningar som berör mig, men det är inte så att jag sparar dem. Istället för att sitta och leta massa citat som inspirerar mig, kommer jag att skriva ned några citat från The Fault In Our Stars. Boken innehåller många bra citat och oerhört vackra och sorgsna meningar som också är tänkvärda.
1. “I believe the universe wants to be noticed. I think the universe is inprobably biased toward the consciousness, that it rewards intelligence in part because the universe enjoys its elegance being observed. And who am I, living in the middle of history, to tell the universe that it-or my observation of it-is temporary?”
2. “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book. And then there are books like An Imperial Affliction, which you can't tell people about, books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like betrayal”
3. "The world is not a wish granting factory."
4. "There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that."
5. "As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."
6. "That's the thing about pain," Augustus said, and then glanced back at me. "It demands to be felt."
7. “You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you.”
8. “It's a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing.”
9. “I fear oblivion' he said. "I fear it like a proverbial blind man fears the dark”
10. "But I believe in true love, you know? I don't believe that everybody gets to keep their eyes or not get sick or whatever, but everybody should have true love, and it should last at least as long as your life does."